Sunday 6 May 2012

For My Love 1 (Poem)

For My Love 1


True love answers true love for love answers love
And we have chosen each other out of true love
Just as God moulded me fro you He created you for me
And since love is reciprocal, I am for you and you are for me

Amongst all the lovely, angelic girls in the world it is you
I have chosen; for my heart is an empty page without you
Nothing! Not even an axe can break the bond of our love
Not even jealousy nor distance and death can break this love

The clock ticks twenty and four hours everyday, from day to day
And I remember you from hour to hour, at least twenty four hours a day
Each time you rise from my heart through my soul to my brain
And I work harder for our family, you and I without a tiring brain

My dearest Onion, you are married to the one
You love and shall love forever, one is to one
You have chosen a young man
To love and admire and I am the man

You shall caress, feed, love, play with, and admire
You shall pray for, support, work by, and inspire
You shall protect, preserve, remember, and love tirelessly
Just as I do all for you and shall do all for tirelessly

So too, each time you think about me
You should smile and brighten up for me
Because I love you so much, so much
You should arise and shine like the sun so much and so much

Because it is you I admire, you and only you
You must double your efforts in your studies, I mean you
Because our future hangs on our shoulders
You must read as wide as an author’s wife for this is on your shoulders

You must study like someone in an intellectual competition
Because your husband, the sage, is always in a competition
You must take good care your body, our body
Because my heart, your heart, lives in that body, our body


You must remain humble, honest, obedient and beautiful
Because for such reasons I adore you and you are beautiful
You must remain glad, joyful, hard working and hopeful in this life
Because you are my onliest Shallote, the onliest Onion of my life.



When love answers YES
When love answers PRESENT
When love answers LOVE
Life becomes a life of no END
Only a life of love and for LOVE

Written on Wednesday March 30th 2011
By NSAH MALA
For NSOM SHALLOTE
To spur her to work hard following
Her poor performance in the second
Term exams for Form VI





No comments:

Post a Comment